Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Video of the first EFLI scrimmage game

Number 11, Happy (white jersey), levels the running back
During my coverage the new Elite Football League of India (EFLI) American-style football league, which has been way more in-depth than those slackers at ESPN have managed, I've wondered if I would ever actually get to see one of their games. So, needless to say, I was delighted to get a press release linking to a video of the first EFLI scrimmage game between the Mumbai Gladiators and the Pune Marathas. 

Unfortunately I can't embed the video, but you can see it here: Mubai vs Pune scrimmage

The video is 45 minutes and covers most of the game. By American standards the play is sloppy, but the game is entertaining none-the-less. If you watch it pay particular attention to Pune's number 11, who goes by the nickname Happy. The guy is a brute -- he plays middle linebacker, tight end, running back, punts and returns kicks. 

No comments: